- Clips onto an overhead line.
- Fits onto the end of any universal link stick.
The LLT-5000 Phase-FreeTM Wireless Phaser provides a unique method of phasing across a single-phase or three-phase system to make certain that correct polarity has been established prior to “closing-in” a switch. The LLT-5000 consists of two units, a transmitter and receiver, which communicate via a radio frequency signal, thus eliminating the need for a connecting cord found on traditional phasing sets.
In operation, the transmitter is placed in contact with an energized conductor. The transmitter first acts as a voltage detector by emitting audible and visual indications. After the voltage detection sequence, the transmitter then begins to transmit a signal to the receiver. The receiver is then placed in contact with another energized conductor. The receiver processes the signal and indicates if the conductors are “in” or “out-of-phase” by emitting both audible and visual alarms. The LLT-5000design offers several advantages and increased safety over conventional phasing equipment such an extended range of operation (a maximum of 35 feet apart), lightweight design, and higher voltages (up to 230 kV). It is also easily operated by one person.
Wireless Phasing Features
- Built-in universal splines for hotstick attachment
- Lightweight design
- Both transmitter and receiver powered by 9V alkaline battery
- Audible and visual indications
- All-Check™ self-test feature for verifying proper operation prior to use
- Phase through walls and metal enclosures
- Phase conductors on system voltages to 230kV (phase-to-phase)
- Foam filled carrying case included